Friday, October 3, 2008

Jacqueline and Jonathan,

I just wanted to send a last note updating you regarding the exhibition space for your installation. After considering some recent security issues regarding the room where we had your installation located, and given the distance it was located from the other installations, we decided that it will be best to include you in the same large room as the other installations. We will be blacking out the windows, providing plenty of power, laptops, projectors, and screens as you originally requested. We will also make sure that your installation is curtained off from the other installations. This way, your equipment will be secure throughout the day, as we will have attendants present throughout the duration of the conference. We will be leaving our own rented equipment for other installations (several huge display monitors, as well as computers, etc) over night in the room, and you will be free to do so as well. Not only will this space be bigger and more flexible for you to work within, but you should she additional traffic because of the new location (Humanities 300).

I realize that we all thought that the previous setup and location was settled, but as we have several people involved on our end, and new information is coming in each day, we felt that this was the most responsible decision. I truly aplologize if it's cause the two of you any trouble.

If you have any questions, or you see any trouble with this plan. Please let us know ASAP.

Otherwise, Jacqueline, you can visit Humanities 300 when you arrive on Thursday morning. I'm sure I'll be running around checking room setups, etc. So please call me when you get here, and I'll help get you started in the space. I already have your mobile number, so I wanted to make sure you both have mine: 502-***-****

Jonathan, when you have a second, could you send me your mobile number? (I promise not to call unless absolutely necessary.)

Thanks so much, you two. We're so looking forward to experiencing your installation.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I like how y'all've documented the trip thus far. Are you going to wrap this up into a tidy piece (haha!) and submit it to the Watson digital book? The correct answer is, Yes! :)